mHealthBelgium, also known as mobile health Belgium, is the Belgian platform for mobile apps that are CE-marked as a medical device.
This unique platform centralizes all relevant and necessary information about mobile medical applications that meet criteria imposed by the federal government. Its main goal is to guide citizens, healthcare providers and healthcare institutions in the huge amount of apps (applications) that exist within our healthcare, for all kinds of purposes (diagnostics, therapy, monitoring, prognosis, prediction, prevention, ...) and in all kinds of pathology or therapeutic domains.
On this website you will find information on the following questions, among others:
- How does the funding of mobile medical apps work in Belgium?
- What exactly are the government criteria?
- Which apps with medical claims exist in domain x?
- What does a particular app do or claim? Who is it intended for?
- Is a particular app funded by the federal government, or is funding under preparation? And to what care path does it apply?
- If so, how exactly does a particular app meet the criteria imposed by the government?
This information is provided in 3 languages (Dutch, French, English).